Tofu 101: Nasoya Launches Online Tofu Resource, Tofu U
America's leading brand of tofu invites cooks to "get schooled" in all things tofu
Ayer, MA - September 22, 2010– Nasoya, the nation’s leading brand of tofu, today introduced Nasoya Tofu U (www.Nasoya.com/tofu-u), a ‘virtual campus’ on its web page to educate consumers about all things tofu. As one of the world’s oldest health foods, tofu intrigues cooks with its diverse possibilities and nutritional benefits. However, while many enjoy eating tofu outside the home, Nasoya consumer research has found that the majority still struggle to prepare the ingredient in their own kitchens. With Tofu U to the rescue, this versatile protein will be demystified and tofu connoisseurs and novices alike can “get schooled” with a robust collection of how-to video tips, simple and healthy recipes, tofu games and more at Nasoya Tofu U.
“For many Americans who grew up cooking with ground beef and eggs, tofu can be intimidating. It isn’t a staple in American kitchens,” said Susan Rolnick, Vice President of Marketing at Nasoya. “When people learn where I work, I often hear, ‘I bought some tofu once and it sat in my fridge until I threw it out. I just didn’t know what to do with it.’ Tofu U is here to help and change that attitude, and Nasoya is the brand to do it in a way that is fun, interactive and easy to follow.”
Among the site’s features, Nasoya Tofu U ”students” will find:
- The Nasoya Tofulosophy, a healthy living pledge explaining the brand’s approach to healthy eating and tofu.
- A web video series starring Sabrina Garibian of blog Rhodey Girl Tests (www.RhodeyGirlTests.com) demonstrating tofu tips such as where to find in the grocery store, how to press and various preparation methods.
- The Nasoya Tofu U recipe search tool Dish Whiz that allows users to select the type of meal (i.e. breakfast), ingredients, tofu texture, and difficulty level to generate a customized tofu recipe.
- Take the Tofu U healthy living pledge and get rewarded! Cook tofu once a week for a month with the help of Nasoya coupons. Graduate from Tofu U and receive great gear like a Tofu U t-shirt or Nasoya gym shorts.
- For those in need of a study break, Nasoya Tofu U contains fun games such as “ToPlinko” and a spoof video series, “ToPunked.”
Nasoya, a constant innovator in the tofu category, recently released the nation’s first line of tofu with added nutrients, TofuPlus. TofuPlus is fortified to provide 20 percent of the daily nutritional requirements of the vital nutrients that can be harder to get when meat is less prevalent in the diet, including B-2, B-6, B-12, Zinc, D-2 and Calcium. TofuPlus is also USDA Certified Organic, low in saturated fat, and a good source of Iron.
NASOYA: NO CHOPSTICKS REQUIRED!
The top selling tofu in America, Nasoya® has provided delicious, premium quality soy foods to consumers for more than 30 years. Its innovations include organic TofuPlus, all-natural Silken Style Creations, fresh, all-natural pasta noodles and wraps, and the popular sandwich spread Nayonaise®. Look for Nasoya at leading supermarkets, whole foods grocers and specialty shops nationwide. www.nasoya.com
360 Public Relations