< Back to Recipes
New! 5 Ingredient Vegan Mac and “Cheese
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
Recipe by Sweet Phi
- 6 oz dry elbow macaroni (use vegan/gluten free/pasta of choice)
- 3 medium/large carrots, cut into chunks
- ½ lb Nasoya brand silken tofu (1/2 a package)
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook pasta in salted water, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 ¼ cups water pasta was cooking in. Drain pasta and then transfer it to a big bowl.
- Fill a small pot ½ way with water, bring water to a boil, and boil carrot pieces for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender when poked with a fork. Drain water from carrots.
- In a food processor or blender put carrots, 1 cup of the reserved pasta water, silken tofu, nutritional yeast and garlic salt. Process for 30 seconds to 1 minute until smooth. Scrape down the sides with a spatula, add remaining ¼ cup reserved pasta water and process for 30 seconds.
- Pour sauce over the pasta and stir so that the sauce evenly coats the noodles, then serve and enjoy.