Cheesy Vegan Tofu Scramble
- 2 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
Created by Elia Wolberger in partnership with Zubi
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or green), sliced lengthwise
1-2 jalapeños, sliced lengthwise
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 block Nasoya Extra Firm Tofu, drained & crumbled (see step 1)
1/2 cup Zubi’s Queso
1 tablespoon curry powder (optional)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons water
Cilantro, for garnish
Zubi’s Crema, for drizzling
This recipe was created in partnership with Eat Zubi by Elia Wolberger of @feedyoursister. For more about Elia visit her website, Feed Your Sister. To learn more about Zubi’s products visit their website. Photography by Teresa Earnest.
- Pat tofu dry and roll in a clean, absorbent towel with something heavy on top, such as a cast-iron skillet, for 15 minutes.
- While tofu is draining, prepare the peppers and onions.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and the onion and pepper slices. Season with the salt and pepper and stir. Cook until softened - about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, unwrap tofu and use a fork to crumble into bite-sized pieces.
- Use a spatula to move the veggies to one side of the pan and add tofu. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add remaining ingredients for the sauce, pouring it mostly over the tofu and a little over the veggies. Stir immediately, evenly distributing the sauce. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until tofu is slightly browned.
- Serve immediately with some roasted potatoes, toast or fruit. You can also wrap it up like a burrito, see photo below! Top with fresh cilantro and a drizzle of Zubi’s Crema!
- Alternatively, freeze for up to 1 month and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.