New! Cheezy Kimchi Quesadillas
- 8 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
Created by Created by Chef Chloe Coscarelli
1 cup raw cashews*
1 cup raw shredded carrots
2 cups water
¼ cup tapioca starch
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp canola or olive oil, plus extra for tortillas
1 lb extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled
3 tbsp agave
3 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
½ tsp sea salt
8 large flour tortillas
Nasoya Spicy Kimchi
Baby spinach (lightly sautéed before adding to quesadilla)
Shredded red cabbage
Black sesame seeds
Sliced chili pepper
- *If you are not using a high-powered blender, such as a Vitamix, soak cashews overnight or boil cashews for 10 min. and drain. This will soften the cashews and ensure a silky smooth cream.
- To make the cashew cheeze: Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until very smooth, about 2 min. Transfer to a small saucepan and whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened.
- To make the spicy tofu: In a medium saucepan, heat oil and crumbled tofu. Cook until tofu begins to brown, then add remaining ingredients.
- To assemble the quesadillas: Spread a layer of cashew cheese on half of a tortilla. Arrange spicy tofu, kimchi, sautéed spinach, and avocado on top of the cheeze. Fold the plain side of the tortilla over the side with the toppings to create a half-moon shape. Brush both sides of the quesadilla generously with oil.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the quesadilla about 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove from pan and slice into 4 triangles to serve. Repeat assembly and cooking with remaining ingredients.
- To make this gluten free: use gluten-free tortillas!