Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu
- 6 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
- 300 Cal/Serving
Created by Chef Chloe Coscarelli for Nasoya
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons pure almond extract
½ cup almond or coconut milk
1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips
1 (1-pound) package Nasoya silken tofu
1 teaspoon almond extract
Pinch sea salt
Note: The Chocolate Cream will need to chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
2/3 cup amaretto
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
Sliced fresh strawberries
½ cup vegan chocolate chips, ground in a food processor or finely chopped
- To make the chocolate cream: In a small pot, heat the almond milk and chocolate chips over low heat. Stir until melted, about 5 minutes. In a food processor, combine tofu, melted chocolate, almond extract, and salt. Blend until smooth. Let chill in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- To make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease one 9-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together water, oil, vinegar, and almond extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fill the prepared pan with batter. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Rotate the cake halfway through the baking time. Let cool completely. Unmold and slice into bite-size cubes.
- To make the espresso drizzle: Stir amaretto and espresso in a small bowl until dissolved.
- To assemble: In small dessert dishes, layer a handful of cake cubes, the espresso drizzle, the chocolate cream, sliced strawberries, and ground chocolate. Repeat to fill each dish to the top, then repeat with remaining dishes. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve