New! Easiest Instant Pot Tofu Scramble
- 4 Servings
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 22 mins Total Time
Created by Blissful Basil
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or oil of choice
1 medium red or yellow onion, diced or sliced into half moons
1 cup frozen kale or frozen spinach*
1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes**
1 (16-ounce) block Nasoya Super Firm Tofu
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt (see note*** before cooking), plus more to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional for color)
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup filtered water or vegetable broth
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the Sauté setting. Add the oil and heat slightly. Then, add the onion and frozen kale (or other veggies). Sauté for just 3 minutes, or until the onions are slightly tender. Add the crushed tomatoes and continue to sauté for just another minute or so, stirring constantly.
- Thoroughly crumble the Nasoya tofu into the Instant Pot using your hands. Then, stir in the nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic powder, salt, turmeric (if using), black pepper, and filtered water. (TIME SAVING TIP: Crumble the tofu into a mixing bowl beforehand or while the veggies sauté and add the spices, too—this way, you can just dump and stir when the time comes).
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and close the pressure valve. Set to the Pressure Cook setting, and set timer for 3 minutes. Once the Instant Pot has been brought to pressure and then cooked for 3 minutes, release the steam using the quick release valve.
- Once the pressure has been released, open the Instant Pot, taste the scramble, and adjust the seasonings, adding more sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- There will be quite a bit of liquid surrounding the tofu scramble (you need this much liquid to prevent burning and scorching while pressure cooking). You can either serve the scramble exactly as is with the tasty brothy liquid, use a slotted spoon to strain off some of the liquid, or set the Instant Pot to Sauté again and cook until some or most of the liquid simmers off. Your choice and delicious all three ways.
- Serve immediately.