Eggless “Egg” Salad
- 1 Servings
- 25 mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
- 190 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 9g|
1 pkg Nasoya® Extra Firm Tofu, or Nasoya® Extra Firm Twin Pack, drained
1/4 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise (may add more if too dry)
1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
2 stalks of finely chopped celery
2 carrots, grated
2/3 cup fresh dill
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp agave or brown rice syrup
1 tbsp stone ground mustard
2 tsp turmeric (to simulate the yellow color of the egg yolk—can add more for taste or color)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Press the tofu to release the moisture.
- Crumble the tofu with your hands over a large bowl.
- Whisk in the mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise with a large fork. Add turmeric, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper. Whisk to incorporate. The yellow color will become enhanced over time.
- Add lemon juice, agave, mustard, chopped onion, celery, carrots, and dill.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.