- 4 Servings
- 10 hr mins Prep Time
- 60 mins Total Time
- 240 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 9g|
1 pkg Nasoya® Extra Firm Tofu, or Nasoya® Extra Firm Twin Pack, or Nasoya® Organic Extra Firm TofuPlus, rinsed and patted dry
2 tbsp mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained well
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 large eggplant, end removed, sliced thin lengthwise
Olive oil or olive oil spray
2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Preheat broiler.
- Mash tofu in a medium bowl with fork or potato masher. Stir in spinach, mayonnaise, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Mist baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray. Lay the eggplant slices on top and spray or drizzle them with olive oil.
- Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until brown. Flip slices, spray or drizzle with olive oil, and broil another 3 to 5 minutes until brown (watch carefully to avoid burning). Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Spray 8x8 inch baking dish or shallow casserole of similar size with nonstick cooking oil spray and set aside.
- Top each slice of eggplant with 1/4-inch layer of tofu mixture. Gently roll, starting at large ends. Place rolled eggplant in prepared baking dish, seam side down and nestled close together.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over the eggplant and bake 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.