Farfalle with Pesto, Kale & Garlic “Parmesan” Crusted Tofu
- 4 Servings
- 20 mins Prep Time
- 50 mins Total Time
- 470 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 27g|
1 pkg Nasoya® Organic Cubed Super Firm Tofu
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup rice milk
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups basil
1/2 cup walnuts
1 to 2 cups kale
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
Cracked red pepper
1/2 cup plus 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 box farfalle pasta
1 ripe avocado, pitted
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 whole lemon, juiced
1 1/2 cups fresh basil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup olive oil
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or lightly grease it. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 1/4 cup of rice flour, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Set aside in a bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup of rice milk into a bowl. Set aside.
- Cube tofu block. Then dip each cube in the rice milk and then into the powder mixture and then place onto the cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Start with a smaller amount of olive oil and add up to 3/4 of a cup for the desired consistency.
- Using 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil, saute 1 to 2 cups kale, 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes, 1 chopped onion, and 2 to 4 cloves of garlic (sliced). Season with cracked red pepper and salt. (If you like spicy, add extra cracked red pepper!)
- Combine cooked farfalle pasta (1 box) with the pesto and vegetables and mix well. Salt if needed. Then add the baked tofu.
- Serve immediately, or place in a casserole dish to store and serve later!