Grilled Vegetable-Tofu Panini
- 2 Servings
- 5 mins Prep Time
- 30 mins Total Time
- 400 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 22g|
2 oz Nasoya® Extra Firm Tofu, Nasoya® Extra Firm Twin Pack, or Nasoya® TofuBaked, drained and sliced thinly
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
2 large or 4 small (1/4-inch thick) red onion slices
1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
4 slices crusty white bread
2 tbsp pesto
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Place zucchini, onion, and pepper onto baking sheet.
- Stir together vinegar and 2 tsp olive oil; brush half over vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes, then turn and brush with remaining vinegar mixture. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and browned in spots.
- Heat panini maker or contact grill.
- While grill is heating, brush 1 side of each bread slice with 1 tsp oil. Spread 1 tbsp pesto on unoiled side of 2 bread slices. Divide tofu and vegetables over pesto. Top with remaining bread slices, oil side up.
- Place sandwiches on grill. Close grill; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is toasted.