Italian Farro-Tofu Salad
- 4 Servings
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 50 mins Total Time
- 220 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 11g|
1 pkg (8 oz) Nasoya® TofuBaked, Teriyaki, cubed
1 cup farro, picked through, rinsed and drained
1 vegetable bouillon cube
2 cups cut-up broccolini or broccoli
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp julienne-cut fresh basil
Optional: Substitute 1/2 cup of your favorite bottled Italian dressing for the vinaigrette.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat 3 cups water, the farro, and bouillon to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 quarts water to boiling. Add broccolini; cook 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. Make vinaigrette.
- In large serving bowl, stir together farro, broccolini, tofu, carrot, bell pepper, tomatoes, and radishes.
- Stir in vinaigrette. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop, or cover and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours before serving.
- In 1-cup measure, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Stir in parsley and basil.