Maple Butternut Squash Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- 4 Servings
- 35 mins Prep Time
- 1 hr 65 mins Total Time
- 340 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 14g|
7 oz Nasoya® Organic Firm Tofu (half a container)
1 heaping cup diced butternut squash (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
1 cup dry quinoa
1 head of lettuce for wraps
Handful dried cranberries
3 chives, green parts chopped (discard white)
1 small apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
For the marinade:
2 tbsp maple syrup thinned with 1/2 tbsp water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Sandwich the tofu between paper towels and two plates. Place something heavy (for example, a jar of tomato sauce) on the top plate to put pressure on the tofu. Let it sit for 1 to 3 hours so that the water can drain from the tofu. If you’re in a time crunch, 30 minutes will suffice, although the tofu will absorb the marinade much better if properly drained.
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes and place in marinade with butternut squash. Cover and let it soak for at least 30 minutes (3+ hours is ideal).
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread tofu/squash mixture onto it. Save the leftover marinade.
- Bake for 15 minutes, toss, and bake for another 15 minutes. Tofu should look golden brown. You may have to toss again and bake for 5 to 10 additional minutes, depending on your oven.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa. Add 1 cup dry quinoa to 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Bring to simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until quinoa is easily fluffed with a fork. When it’s done, mix in any residual marinade.
- Add the squash, tofu, pecans, cranberries, chives, and apple to the quinoa and mix together.
- Serve with a leaf of lettuce as a wrap.