- 4-6 Servings
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 40 mins Total Time
- 300 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 13g|
1 pkg Nasoya® Extra Firm Tofu, or Nasoya® Extra Firm Twin Pack, or Nasoya® Firm Tofu
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
5 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp oregano
2 tbsp olive oil
8 oz tomato sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
6 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Slice tofu into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place in bowl of cold water.
- One at a time, press tofu slices into crumb mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu slices until crisp on one side. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, turn, and brown on the other side.
- Combine tomato sauce, garlic, and remaining oregano.
- Place a thin layer of sauce in an 8-inch square baking pan. Arrange tofu slices in the pan.Spoon remaining sauce over tofu. Top with shredded mozzarella and remaining 3 tbsp Parmesan.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.