Portobello Mushroom Tacos
- 4 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
1 cups (about 4 portobellos) portobello mushrooms, destemmed, caps peeled, sliced into 1cm
2 cups (60g) kale, destemmed, cut thinly into ½ cm chiffonade
½ cup (110g) Nasoya spicy vegan kimchi, drained, chopped into 1cm pieces
1½ Tbsp soy sauce
1 ½ Tbsp mirin
½ tsp roasted sesame oil
1 tsp garlic, grated
1 tsp ginger, grated
Vegetable oil for cooking
8 4-inch soft taco shells, warmed according to package instructions
1 Tbsp tofu sour cream
1 tsp guacamole
1 tsp kimchi pico de gallo
1 tsp vegan cheese, grated
1 tsp baby coriander
- In a medium sized bowl, place the portobello mushrooms and the kale in. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, garlic, ginger. Drizzle over the portobello mushrooms and kale and toss well to coat. Add the kimchi and mix to combine.
- In a medium skillet placed over medium high heat, drizzle in a bit of vegetable oil. Tip in the mushroom, kale, and kimchi mixture. Sautee until just wilted, about 4 to 5 mins.
- Warm the taco shells according to the package’s instructions. Divide the mushroom mixture between taco shells evenly and top with guacamole, tofu sour cream, kimchi pico de gallo, and finish with baby coriander.
- Serve alongside chips and kimchi guacamole and kimchi pico de gallo.