< Back to Recipes
New! Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos with Kimchi Relish
- 2-3 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 1 large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up and set aside.
- Prep the veggies: Place the cauliflower florets and diced sweet potato in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over top, then season with the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano and salt. Squeeze the lime juice over top. Toss to combine. Transfer the veggies to the prepared baking dish, arranging everything in a uniform layer, with lots of breathing room.
- Roast the veggies for 25 minutes, giving the baking sheets a good shake about halfway through. Add the black beans to the sheet pan, seasoning with another pinch of salt, then place the pan back in the oven for 5 more minutes to heat the black beans through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Mash the avocado: Add avocado, lime, salt in a bowl. Use a fork to mash to your desired consistency. Set aside.
- To char corn tortillas on the stovetop: Pop a tortilla directly over open flame on a gas burner. Once you see a little smoke coming off the tortilla, then continue to rotate the tortilla until it’s lightly charred. Continue until both sides of the tortillas are evenly charred. It’s very important not to over-do it as this will completely dry the tortillas out – just aim for a little color! Transfer to a plate. Keep your tortillas topped with a damp paper towel to prevent them from drying out until you’re ready to serve.