SIMPLE VEGAN CREAMED SPINACH
- 4-6 Servings
- 5 mins Prep Time
- 20 mins Total Time
1 16-ounce container Nasoya Organic Silken Tofu
2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (adjust based on how “cheesy” you’d like the creamed spinach to taste—for me, more nutritional yeast is always better!)
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
Juice of 1 lemon
2 10-ounce (or 1 16-ounce) packages frozen, chopped spinach
2 teaspoons olive oil*
2 shallots, very thinly sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the frozen spinach according to package instructions.
- Press it firmly through a colander to remove as much moisture as you can. Set the spinach aside.
- Place the tofu, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic and onion powder, and lemon juice in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Heat the oil over medium in a large skillet. Add the shallots and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often, or until they're gently browning. Add the spinach and the blended tofu mixture.
- Heat, stirring as you go, until the ingredients are mixed and warm through. Taste and add extra salt and/or freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve hot.