Spicy Peanut Stir Fry
- 6 Servings
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 30 mins Total Time
- 340 Calories
|Calories 340||Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||%|
1 pkg Nasoya® Extra Firm Tofu, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 pkg Nasoya® Japanese Style Noodles
4 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips
1/3 cup natural peanut butter (crunchy)
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp chili paste
1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
2 scallions, thinly sliced (both green and white parts)
- Preheat broiler.
- Stir together 1 tbsp of the tamari and ginger in a medium bowl and the cubed tofu and stir gently to coat.
- Mist a baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray. Spread the tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer. Place under a broiler for 5 minutes. Flip the tofu and broil for 5 minutes, or until light brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sautethe red bell pepper strips for 5 minutes or until softened. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons tamari with the peanut butter, maple syrup, rice, vinegar, water, sesame seeds, garlic, and chili paste, and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Rinse and drain the noodles, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with the peanut sauce, cilantro, and sauted red bell pepper. Serve the noodles topped with the tofu cubes and scallions.