Sweet Potato Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta & Vegan Basil Pesto
- 2 Servings
- 30 mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
Created by The Purple Carrot
1 shallot, peeled and diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
¼ oz fresh oregano, finely chopped
14.5 oz crushed tomatoes
8 oz sweet potato, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
1 lemon, zest and cut in half
½ block of Nasoya Organic Extra Firm Tofu
¼ cup vegan basil pesto
Medium oven-safe skillet with lid
- Place a medium oven-safe skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the diced shallot and a pinch of salt. Cook until shallots are translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the crushed tomatoes, half of the chopped oregano, and a good pinch of salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add the sliced sweet potatoes to the sauce, cover, and cook until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes (they’re done when you can you easily pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork).
- Set your oven to broil on high.
- Drain the tofu and add to the bowl of a food processor along with ½ tsp chopped oregano, ¼ tsp lemon zest, juice from half the lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper. Blend tofu ricotta until smooth. With a large spoon or spatula, evenly spread the tofu ricotta over the sweet potatoes and sauce. Broil lasagna until the top begins to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon the vegan basil pesto over the sweet potato lasagna, then sprinkle with the remaining chopped oregano. Serve family style and enjoy!