New! Thanksgiving Leftovers Harvest Bowl
- 1 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
1 batch Crispy Tofu
2 cups cooked farro or grain of choice
Tuscan Superfood Skillets
2 tablespoons coconut oil or oil of choice as needed to coat pan
3 cups chopped sweet potatoes (about 2 medium chopped into 1-inch pieces)
1 pound kale, chopped
1 can chickpeas
Salt and pepper
Maple Tahini dressing:
1 small clove garlic, peeled and grated
½ cup avocado oil or organic canola oil
¼ cup tahini (sesame paste)
3 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, dark or amber
3/4 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper or white pepper
- If needed, prepare Crispy Tofu and farro and set aside.
- Prepare sauce: Whisk coconut oil, cider vinegar, cumin, turmeric, maple syrup, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Prepare vegetables: Melt coconut oil in a 12-inch fry pan with lid. Stir in onion and ginger and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Stir in sweet potatoes, cover, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add additional oil and adjust the heat as needed to prevent vegetables from burning or sticking to the pan.
- After 10 minutes, or once the sweet potatoes are softened, stir in kale and cook 5 additional minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and kale is wilted.
- Divide cooked farro, sautéed vegetables, Crispy Tofu, and sauce between bowls. Garnish with toasted pecans and dried cherries if desired.
- To toast pecans: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 7 minutes, or until they have a strong, nutty aroma. Toast pecans up to a week in advance.
- To make maple tahini dressing: Puree garlic, oil, tahini, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a mini prep or in a jar with an immersion blender or whisk together by hand in a medium bowl.