< Back to Recipes
New! Tofu Bulgur Vegan Meatballs
- 6 Servings
- 15 mins Prep Time
- 45 mins Total Time
- 152 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 3.3g|
|Saturated Fat 0g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5|
Created by The Full Helping
- ¾ cup dry bulgur wheat*
- 15 ounces Nasoya extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon fine salt
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon (to taste) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary or thyme
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seed
- Place the bulgur and 2 cups water into a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 13-15 minutes, or until all of the water has been absorbed. Remove the bulgur from heat. Allow it to rest for a few minutes, fluff it with a fork, and then allow it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375F and line two baking sheets with parchment. Remove the tofu from packaging and drain it of excess water. Add it, along with the nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, vinegar, and parsley, to a food processor fitted with the S blade. Process till smooth. Add the parsley and pulse to combine the herb evenly into the tofu mixture.
- Transfer the cooked bulgur and tofu into a large mixing bowl, along with the ground flax. Mix well with your hands. Shape the mixture into balls about 1 inch in diameter; you should get about 35-40 from the mixture. Transfer the balls to the baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until browning and crispy. Serve the meatballs over your favorite pasta, along with marinara sauce, or however you like!