- 6 Servings
- 5 mins Prep Time
- 30 mins Total Time
- 230 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 8g|
1 pkg Nasoya® Organic Firm, or Nasoya® Extra Firm Tofu, or Nasoya® Extra Firm Twin Pack
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt and sugar
1 cup fresh kale, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, 1 red bell pepper, and 1 carrot, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- Crumble the tofu into the bowl of spices and stir until the tofu is thoroughly coated with the spices. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the red bell pepper and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the reserved tofu and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, black beans, kale, and olives if using.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until the kale is tender, 2 to 7 minutes. The cooking time will take longer if you use fresh rather than frozen kale.
- Season to taste and serve.