< Back to Recipes
New! Tofu Halloumi with Charred Summer Vegetables
- 2 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- 30 mins Total Time
Created by The Purple Carrot
15.5 oz Nasoya Organic Extra Firm Tofu
2 tbsp za’atar seasoning
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Salt & pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
10 oz fresh summer vegetables, such as zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Slice tofu lengthwise into 6 pieces. On a plate, combine the za’atar, nutritional yeast, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Press the sliced tofu into the halloumi seasoning to coat evenly.
- Set the oven to broil on high*. Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Transfer the cut vegetables to a baking sheet and toss with 2 tsp vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Broil until browned in places, about 5 to 8 minutes*.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the seasoned tofu and cook until browned and crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the tofu halloumi to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
- Divide the tofu halloumi between plates and serve with the charred summer vegetables.
- * All broilers are different, watch your vegetables closely.