Tofu Jammy Egg Breakfast Bowl
- 2 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
- 1542 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 49g|
1 cup uncooked white rice
chicken stock or vegetable stock or water *amount dependent on cooking methodology
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon butter
4 cups uncooked baby spinach
2 scallions/green onions
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon mirin
1 bag of Nasoya Toss’ables Garlic and Herb
1 cup pea shoots
1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Rinse rice in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear.
- Cook rice in either chicken stock (preferred if non-vegetarian), vegetable stock or water. The amount of liquid to rice ratio depends on cooking methodology. (For example "Instant Pot" vs Rice Cooker vs Pot with lid).
- While the rice cooks, bring water to a boil in a small pan- enough to cover eggs.
- Add cold eggs from fridge and cook 7 minutes. Prepare an ice bath. Place eggs in ice bath to stop cooking.
- Grate peeled, fresh ginger and slice white and light green parts of scallions.
- Add ginger and scallion to a small bowl with sesame oil and mirin. Stir to combine.
- In a large sauté pan, cook spinach with butter for 3-5 minutes until it begins to lose volume and brighten in color. Stir occasionally.
- Add a serving of rice, spinach, Nasoya Toss’ables Garlic and Herb, pea shoots and peeled, sliced eggs to bowl.
- Top with ginger mixture and sesame seeds.