- 5 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
- 0 Cal/Serving
1 pkg Nasoya® Organic Firm Tofu or Nasoya® Organic Firm TofuPlus, patted dry
1 tbsp canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small white onion, chopped
1/2 red and orange bell pepper, chopped
3 button mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 cup chopped chives
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add the garlic and onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu into the pan and crumble it into small pieces using a spatula. Sprinkle salt and turmeric evenly over the scramble. Turmeric not only adds to the flavor, but will also make the tofu look like eggs!
- Heat for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to blend well. During this time, the tofu can be broken into smaller pieces to resemble the consistency of scrambled eggs.
- Remove from heat, garnish with chives, and enjoy!