New! Tofu Shakshouka
- 4-6 Servings
- 25 mins Prep Time
- 50 mins Total Time
- 130 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 5 g|
|Sodium 520 mg|
|Carbohydrates 12 g|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 8 g|
1 pkg Nasoya® Organic Firm Tofu
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp paprika—smoked, hot, or sweet
1 (28 oz) can whole fire-roasted tomatoes
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Flat-leaf parsley or cilantro, minced
Pinch chili flakes (optional)
- Thinly slice the bell pepper, removing the stem and membranes. Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise from root to stem, then thinly slice each half into thin strips.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the bell peppers and onions and saute until soft, about 7 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, and paprika, and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Squish the tomatoes and add to the pan with the tomato juice from the can, salt and chile flakes. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the tofu in half and use a spoon to break each half into roughly 4 equal pieces. Place all 8 pieces in the sauce. Gently cover the tofu in sauce and continue simmering until the tofu is heated through and sauce thickened, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro. Serve with toasted baguette or crusty French bread.