< Back to Recipes
Vegan Caprese Twist Salad
- 3-4 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
1 package firm tofu
juice of 1 lemon
2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 pint blueberries
2 pints cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper
- Vegan “Mozzarella” Instructions:
To prep and cure tofu, drain liquid from the container and use a paper towel or a towel to remove excess water. I highly recommend using organic, non-GMO tofu. Given that it is a soy product, non-organic brands of tofu are very likely to be GMO.
- Slice tofu into 1/3″ thick pieces, about 2″ by 3″ in size.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or saran wrap and place a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Arrange tofu slices on a baking sheet and squeeze lemon juice over the pieces, then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Sprinkle tofu slices with 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Refrigerate, uncovered for 12 hours.
- Salad Instructions:
Wash blueberries and cherry tomatoes and drain well in a colander. Half cherry tomatoes and toss in a serving bowl with blueberries, set aside.
- Slice mozzarella cheese into 1/4 or 1/2" slices and then cut into small stars with a cookie cutter.
- Top the tomatoes and blueberries with the star cheese.
- Tear fresh basil over-top and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic.