< Back to Recipes
New! Vegan Corned Beef with Tofu
- 2 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
1 head of cabbage
4 small potatoes cut into wedges
3 medium carrots sliced
One package Nasoya Extra Firm Tofu
- Make a flavored brine by adding water, salt, pickling spice, mustard, and coriander seed, a bay leaf, and a beet to a medium sized pot.
- Broil the brine for 10 minutes to release the spice flavor.
- Add thin sliced tofu (or other meat alternative) – ¼ inch thick
- Simmer for 6 minutes and then turn off heat and let sit for 35 minutes. Or cover and put in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Take the tofu out the brine and bake the tofu on an oiled cookie sheet at 375 – or until it starts getting crispy at the edges. Time will vary based off the moisture level and thickness of tofu
- Add potatoes, carrots, and cabbage plus an additional ½ cup of water to the brine once the tofu has been removed.
- Simmer for 30 minutes covered with a lid until potatoes are soft in the middle.
- Remove from the cooking water and serve with the baked vegan corned beef.