Vegan Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 4 Servings
- mins Prep Time
- mins Total Time
Created by Ambitious Kitchen
For the crispy tofu:
2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 package Nasoya Extra Firm Tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
For the egg roll bowl:
1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, divided
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 cup matchstick cut carrots (or shredded carrots)
5-6 cups shredded green cabbage
1/2 cup chopped green onion
Nasoya Spicy Kimchi
Extra green onion
Hot sauce, if desired
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients for the tofu marinade: soy sauce, rice vinegar, coconut sugar and sesame oil. Add tofu cubes and toss with the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Next make the egg roll in a bowl sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic and grated ginger. Set aside.
- When tofu is done marinating, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to a large skillet and place over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add in tofu and cook for 3-4 minutes until tofu begins to brown and crisp up. Slowly stir tofu so that it browns on all sides as best you can. Once tofu is done browning, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Now it’s time to make the egg roll in a bowl: In the same skillet you cooked the tofu, add in ½ tablespoon sesame oil and place over medium heat. Add in yellow onion and carrots and cook for a few minutes until onions begin to soften. Next add in green cabbage and green onion and saute until tender. Add in the egg roll in a bowl sauce and stir together, cooking about 2 minutes longer. Finally stir in the crispy tofu.
- Pour into individual bowls, garnish with a tablespoon or two of Nasoya Spicy Kimchi and some cilantro, sliced green onion and hot sauce, if desired.