< Back to Recipes
New! Vegan Game Day Nachos
- 4 Servings
- 30 mins Prep Time
- 45 mins Total Time
- 688 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 35g|
Created by Blissful Basil
Spicy Tofu Crumbles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 block Nasoya’s Extra Firm Tofu, drained and patted dry
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Quick Pico de Gallo
- 4 roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/2 small white or red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or to taste
- Sea salt
Nacho Base + Toppings
- 1 recipe Cashew Cheddar Cheese
- 4–6 servings sturdy tortilla chips
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños or to taste
- Sliced black olives (optional)
- Vegan sour cream
- For the Spicy Tofu Crumbles, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble the tofu into the pan. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, sea salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 8 to 14 minutes, or until the tofu is browned and crumbly and any liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- For the Quick Pico de Gallo, in a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Season with sea salt to taste.
- To assemble, prepare the Cashew Cheddar Cheese (this takes just 5 minutes or so).
- On a large serving platter or baking tray, spread out a layer of tortilla chips and top with the cheese, tofu crumbles, Pico de Gallo, and black beans. Repeat two more times, creating three layers. Top with the avocado, jalapeños, scallions, and black olives (if using). Drizzle with the sour cream.
- Serve immediately.