Won Ton Cup Mini Omelets
- 12 Servings
- 45 mins Prep Time
- 50 mins Total Time
- 50 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 1g|
12 Nasoya® Won Ton Wraps or Nasoya® Round Wraps
1/4 pkg Nasoya® Organic Firm Tofu (roughly 2 oz)
4 eggs (2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites)
2 scallions, green parts chopped (discard white part)
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
Optional: 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut away 1/4 of the block of tofu and sandwich it between two paper towels. Apply pressure by topping it with a plate and then something heavy (a can of tomato sauce, for example). Let the liquid drain from it for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add a bit of extra virgin olive oil and the garlic to a skillet over medium heat. When garlic begins to turn golden, add in the mushrooms, chives, and tomatoes, and saute until cooked (about 5 minutes). Add in the basil at the end and stir until it has wilted.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and stir in the sauteed vegetables (and mozzarella if you’re adding cheese). Chop your tofu into small cubes and mix those in as well.
- Line a lightly greased mini cupcake tin with the won ton wraps. Press a wrap in each hole, gently folding the sides to fit around the perimeter.
- Using a spoon, carefully dump the egg-veggie mixture into the won ton cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Tips of won ton wraps should be golden brown, and egg should be fully cooked.