Yellow Split Pea Soup with Toasted Pecans
- 8 Servings
- 15 mins Prep Time
- 1 hr 25 mins Total Time
- 300 Cal/Serving
|Total Fat 1g|
1 pkg (16 ounces) Nasoya® Organic Silken Tofu, drained
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
2 tbsp olive oil
8 cups water
3 cups peeled, seeded, and cubed butternut squash
1 pkg (16 oz) dried yellow split peas (2 cups)
2 tsp thyme
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted*
- In 5-quart Dutch oven or stock pot, cook and stir shallots and ginger in oil 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in water, squash, peas and thyme. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer covered 1 hour or until squash and peas are tender.
- Stir in tofu, salt, mustard, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Puree in batches in food processor or blender, until smooth. Reheat if necessary. Ladle into bowls; top with pecans and chopped thyme.
- *To toast pecans, heat oven to 350°F. Spread pecans in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until light brown.