- Organic non-GMO Tofu
- Tofu Plus
- Shirataki Noodles
- Asian Style Noodles
- Asian Style Wraps
- ©2013 Nasoya, Inc.
- Part of Vitasoy International Holdings Ltd.
1. Wrap the tofu in paper towel and set between to small cutting boards, plates, or baking sheets. Rest a heavy cast iron pan or a few cans of tomatoes on top and press out excess liquid for at least 30 minutes.
2. Cut the tofu into large dice (¾"x¾"x¾") and set aside. Begin to heat the canola oil to about 385 degrees. A thermometer is helpful, but if you don't have one, eyeball it with a few testers before dropping in the entire lot.
3. In a blender, combine the Nayonaise, dashi, miso, wasabi paste and powder, a pinch of sea salt, lime juice, and cilantro. Blend until well combined. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, mix ½ cup + 2 tablespoons flour and the seltzer. Place the remaining flour into another small bowl for dredging.
5. Dust the tofu cubes in the flour and toss them in the tempura batter. Immediately drop into the hot oil and fry about 1 minute or until golden. Remove from oil and drain on a plate covered in paper towel.
6. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and place the tempura into a mixing bowl. Ladle the aioli into the bowl, just enough to coat the tempura, and toss. Scoop onto a plate and garnish with the sliced chives. Serve immediately.