Nasoya Extra Firm tofu is easy to cut into bite-size pieces and perfect for stir fry’s, chili... more
Banh Mi Fajitas
- 1 tablespoon neutral vegetable oil
- 12 ounces extra-firm tofu or other vegan protein (your choice, see Note), cut into ¼-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons Nayonaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped bottled jalapenos
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas or other flatbread
- Nasoya Vegan Nayonaise
- Sriracha sauce
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu and cook until golden brown, turning frequently. Add the hoisin and soy sauce, stirring gently to coat the tofu. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
In a bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, cilantro, Nayonaise, vinegar, sriracha, and jalapenos. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine. Set aside.
Spread the tortillas with a thin layer of Nayonaise and drizzle with sriracha sauce to taste. Arrange one quarter of the tofu strips down the center of each of the tortillas. Top the tofu strips with slaw. Roll up each wrap tightly, cut in half, and serve at once.
Note: Instead of tofu, you can substitute your favorite vegan protein, such as seitan (homemade or purchased), reconstituted Butler Soy Curls, or Beyond Meat strips.
Recipe Source: Robin Robertson | www.robinrobertson.com