Nasoya Extra Firm tofu is easy to cut into bite-size pieces and perfect for stir fry’s, chili... more
Monica, Think Outside The Block Finalist
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg of Nasoya Extra Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 med head of cauliflower florets
- 2 Tbsp curry powder, divided
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric (for color, optional)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 2 in. piece of ginger, grated
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup chicken/veg broth (or equivalent in water)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped peanuts or cashews (optional)
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 lime (optional)
- Drain tofu and press in between 2 paper towels for 30 mins or longer, changing towels as needed.
- Season drained tofu with salt, pepper and about 1/2 t of the curry powder and set aside.
- Over med heat, heat oil and sweat the onion with salt about 5 mins.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry, turmeric, cumin and and cook 1-2 mins longer.
- Add cauliflower and broth (or water), cover with tight lid and cook about 10 mins.
- Add chick peas and tofu, stir and cover again for another 5-10 mins until cauliflower is "al dente".
- Serve over your choice of rice and top with nuts, cilantro and wedge of lime.