Nasoya Firm tofu is just a little softer and more tender than the Extra Firm which makes it... more
Crab Cakes, Without the Crab!
- 1/4 cup coconut or peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-16 oz. Nasoya Firm Tofu
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (or Cajun seasoning works too!)
- 2 tablespoons tasted nori, minced (optional)
- 3 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
1. Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a small pan and sauté the garlic on medium heat for 2 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix the garlic with the rest of the ingredients, excluding the rest of the oil, the breadcrumbs, and the soy milk.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and soy milk.
4. Form patties with the tofu mixture, then dredge those patties in the breadcrumb mixture. Fry those up in the remaining oil, and enjoy the most delicious "crab" cakes of your life!
Submitted by Laura from Vegansaurus | www.vegansaurus.com