Creamy Herbed Potato and Green Pea Salad
For the salad:
- 1 ½ lb (675 g) baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cup green peas, frozen or fresh
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- a few sprinkles of fresh or dried dill
For the dressing:
- ½ cup Nayonaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (preferably coarse-grained)
- juice from 1 small lemon (2 tablespoons)
- fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt to taste
Begin by preparing the potatoes. Steam or boil the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, boil the green peas for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
To prepare the dressing, whisk together the Nayonaise, mustard, lemon juice and black pepper and salt to taste until creamy.
Once the potatoes have cooled, cut in half or into bite-size pieces and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the peas and chopped herbs. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and peas and gently toss. Test for seasoning, and serve sprinkled with a bit of fresh or dried dill.