Nasoya Extra Firm tofu is easy to cut into bite-size pieces and perfect for...
Crispy Tofu Tacos with Creamy Lime Drizzle
- ½ cup Nasoya® Nayonaise® Original
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 pkg Nasoya Extra-firm tofu, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup diced mango
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced avocado
- 12 (6-inch) soft corn tortillas or 6 flour tortillas
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Stir together the Drizzle ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Slice the tofu lengthwise into 6 slices, and quarter each piece into 4 equal rectangles; set aside. In shallow bowl, beat eggs with Worcestershire sauce. In another shallow bowl, mix together the cornstarch, grill seasoning and cumin. Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip the tofu in the egg mixture, dredge in the cornstarch mixture, and cook in the skillet for about 3 - 4 minutes per side (top and bottom) or until brown. You may have to do this in two batches depending on the size of the pan.
Heat tortillas according to package directions. Fill with tofu, mango, bell pepper, avocado and cilantro. Top with Lime Drizzle.