Nasoya Extra Firm tofu is easy to cut into bite-size pieces and perfect for...
- 1 pkg Nasoya or Extra-Firm Tofu, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tbls Nasoya Nayonaise Original or Fat Free Original Spread
- 1 10-oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained well
- 1 tbls Italian seasoning
- 1 large eggplant, end removed, sliced thin lengthwise
- Olive oil or olive oil spray
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
Preheat broiler. Mash tofu in a medium bowl with fork or potato masher. Stir in spinach, Nayonaise, and Italian seasoning. Set aside. Mist baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray. Lay the eggplant slices on top and spray or drizzle them with olive oil. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until brown. Flip slices, spray or drizzle with olive oil, and broil another 3 to 5 minutes until brown (watch carefully to avoid burning). Let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 inch baking dish or shallow casserole of similar size with nonstick cooking oil spray and set aside. Top each slice of eggplant with ¼-inch layer of tofu mixture. Gently roll, starting at large ends. Place rolled eggplant in prepared baking dish, seam side down and nestled close together. Pour spaghetti sauce over the eggplant and bake 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.