Nasoya Extra Firm tofu is easy to cut into bite-size pieces and perfect for...
Farfalle with Pesto, Kale & Garlic ‘Parmesan’ Crusted Tofu
- 1 Package Nasoya Tofu
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Rice Milk
- 1 ea. Avocado
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 ea. Lemon
- 1 1/2 cups Basil
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1 - 2 cups Kale
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 ea. Onion
- Cracked Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 - 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1 box Farfalle
Please note: This is a vegan recipe. The parmesan is simulated through the nutritional yeast.
Garlic 'Parmesan' Crusted Tofu:
- Line a cookie sheet with either wax paper or lightly grease. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 1/4 cup of rice flour, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Set aside in a bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup of rice milk into a bowl, set aside.
- Cube Nasoya Tofu block. Then dip each cube in the rice milk and then into the powder mixture and then place onto the cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 1 and 1/2 cups of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Start with a smaller amount of olive oil and add up to 3/4 of a cup for the desired consistency.
- Using 1 - 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sauté 1-2 cups of kale, 1/2 cup of halved cherry tomatoes, 1 chopped onion, 2-4 cloves of garlic (sliced), season with cracked red pepper and salt. (If you like spicy, I highly recommend adding extra cracked red pepper!)
- Complete & Serve:
- Combine cooked Farfalle (1 box) with the pesto & vegetables and mix well. Salt if needed. Then add the baked tofu. Serve immediately or place in a casserole dish to store and serve later!