Nasoya’s Sprouted Super Firm vacuum pack tofu is made with organic sprouted whole soybeans and... more
Jamaican Jerk-Spiced Tofu Kebobs
Jamaican Jerk-Spiced Tofu Kebobs:
- 1 package Nasoya Superfirm Firm VacPack Tofu- thoroughly drained and pat dry (until no moisture is released when pressed) and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red pepper, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium sized red onions, chopped into 1 inch cubes
Jamaican Jerk Marinade:
- 3-4 tbsp Jamaican Jerk Spice (see below for recipe)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 whole habanero pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 heaping tbsp brown sugar (light or brown is fine)
- sprinkle of fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lime juice from 1 lime
- splash of low sodium soy sauce
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves taken off the stems
Homemade Jamaican Jerk Seasoning:
- 1 tbsp crushed chilli powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp dry coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Combine Marinade Ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and almost a consistency of a thick liquid.
Place the tofu, red pepper and onions in a large foil tray and pour about 1/2 of the marinade on top, reserving about 1/2 for basting / dipping sauce.
For best results, marinate tofu and veggies for 3 - 4 hours. To grill: spray a metal grilling tray with grilling cooking spray and place over a hot grill.
Once the tray is hot, place the marinated tofu and veggie on the tray. Close the lid and grill for about 5 minutes. Flip once, and grill for another 5-7 minutes or until tender and slightly charred.
Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with chopped chives/scallions and serve with reserved jerk sauce.