Nasoya Firm tofu is just a little softer and more tender than the Extra Firm...
Kung Pao Tofu
- 1 pkg Nasoya Firm Tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 6 whole dried chili peppers
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
Cut bell peppers and onion into 1 inch pieces. Combine sauce ingredients. Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a wok over high heat. Add garlic, ginger, chili peppers and red pepper cook until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add tofu and sauce cook until sauce boils and thickens. Add peanuts and toss to mix. Makes 4 servings.