Nasoya Firm tofu is just a little softer and more tender than the Extra Firm...
Nuggets Criollo (vegetarian latin style nuggets)
Elen, Think Outside The Block Finalist
- 1 Package of Nasoya Firm Tofu
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons of Adobo (all purpose seasoning in ethnic foods section of grocery store)
- 2 ounces wheat flour
- 4 ounces of plain bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil (about a cup for frying)
- your choice of dipping sauce
- 1. Squeeze the excess water out of the tofu.
- 2. In a mixing bowl put tofu and mash it until it crumbles.
- 3. Add cilantro, garlic, adobo and mix well with your hands as if kneading bread.
- 4. Add flour and knead again.
- 5. Add bread crumbs and knead.
- 6. Grab some mixture and shape them into nuggets.
- 7. Fry nuggets in oil at medium heat until golden brown.
- 8. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy.