Nasoya’s Sprouted Super Firm vacuum pack tofu is made with organic sprouted...
Scrumptious Spinach Sweet Potato Tofu Quiche
- 1 package Nasoya Sprouted Super Firm Tofu
- 1 medium organic sweet potato
- 1/2 Cup raw caschews
- 20 oz fresh organic spinach, steamed (or thawed frozen spinach)
- 2 Tablespoons organic gluten-free Tamari
- 1/4 Cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons organic onion powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (or 2 teaspoons organic garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons dried organic rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste
- optional: 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes (for a little kick)
- 1 batch of my gluten-free pastry dough
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Dice your sweet potato into medallions and lay on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Bake for 10 minutes, flip over and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven & set aside.
In your food processor, pulse the raw cashews until fine. Combine the tofu, tamari, nutritional yeast, garlic, and spices and blend until creamy. Add your steamed spinach and pulse until combined. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
Line your working surface with a sheet of plastic wrap, add your dough ball and cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin, roll out your crust (about 1/4 inch thick). Carefully slip your hand underneath the bottom layer of plastic, and flip over into a pre-greased pie dish. Pre-bake your crust for 10 minutes, or until edges just start to golden.
Time to assemble your quiche! Layer your sweet potatoes on the bottom. Add your quiche filling & smooth over. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is browned. If your center isn’t completely firm don’t fret – it’ll firm as it cools!
Submitted by Elisa from Eating Whole | www.eatingwhole.net
Learn More about Elisa on Tofu U