Nasoya's Nayonaise is a vegan alternative to mayonnaise. Made from expeller pressed oil, it is a... more
Shirataki Noodles with Scallions, Ginger and Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spring onions [greens and whites: greens: 1-inch pieces; whites: 1/3-inch pieces]
- 1 heaping T Nayonaise
- 1 package Shirataki Fettuccine
- Soy sauce and red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds [or your favorite nuts], toasted
Rinse the shirataki noodles well. Really well.
In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium and saute garlic and ginger until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the onions, and sprinkle with some salt to draw out the moisture and flavor. Lower the heat slightly, and cook slowly, stirring every now and then until everything is soft, about 10 minutes or so. Add the Nayonaise and stir well.
Cook the well-rinsed and drained noodles according to the package directions. Drain well. Stir in the scallion sauce, and add soy sauce and red pepper flakes to taste. Top with pumpkin seeds.