Nasoya Extra Firm tofu is easy to cut into bite-size pieces and perfect for stir fry’s, chili... more
Spicy Peanut Stir Fry
- 1 pkg Nasoya Extra Firm Tofu, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 pkg Nasoya Japanese Style Noodles
- 4 tbls tamari or soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (crunchy)
- 3 tbls pure maple syrup
- 2 tbls rice vinegar
- 1 tbls water
- 1 tbls sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp chili paste
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (both green and white parts)
Preheat broiler. Stir together 1 tablespoon of the tamari and ginger in a medium bowl and the cubed tofu and stir gently to coat. Mist a baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray. Spread the tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer. Place under a broiler for 5 minutes. Flip the tofu and broil for 5 minutes or until light brown and crispy. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sautethe red bell pepper strips for 5 minutes or until softened. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons tamari with the peanut butter, maple syrup, rice, vinegar, water, sesame seeds, garlic, and chili paste and set aside.
Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Rinse and drain the noodles, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with the peanut sauce, cilantro, and sauted red bell pepper. Serve the noodles topped with the tofu cubes and scallions.