Nasoya Silken tofu is ideal for replacing eggs or dairy to create a...
Spicy Pumpkin Cream Sauce
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta
- 1 large (or 2 small) cloves garlic, minced
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 1 package Nasoya Silken Tofu, drained
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree (make sure you get the plain, not the pie filling!)
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- Fresh sage for topping
Cook pasta per package directions, drain and set aside.
Water sauté the garlic and onion until soft, 3-4 minutes. In a food processor with the s-blade, combine the tofu, pumpkin and milk and mix for at least 1-2 minutes. Add the yeast, sage, chili powder and salt, then continue to pulse until it’s completely blended and smooth. Transfer the mixture to a pot and heat over low/medium heat adding more milk as needed to get the consistency you like. Stir in the garlic and onion. Taste and add more chili powder or salt if needed. When the sauce is warm, stir in the pasta. Top with fresh sage before serving.
Submitted by Barb from That Was Vegan | www.thatwasvegan.com
Learn More about Barb on Tofu U