Nasoya Firm tofu is just a little softer and more tender than the Extra Firm...
Tofu Salsa with Corn Bread Pancakes
- 1 pkg Nasoya Firm Tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (8 oz) chunky style salsa
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 pkg (8 ½ oz) corn muffin mix
- ¾ cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbls canola oil
- sour cream
- black olives for garnish
In a skillet, fry tofu in 1 tbsp of canola oil until crispy on the outside. Add salsa, black beans and corn, and simmer on medium-low heat. While the tofu is simmering, combine corn muffin mix, water and egg in a medium bowl until just blended. The batter will be slightly lumpy. Grease a griddle or skillet with 1 Tbsp of canola oil and place over medium heat. Use ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until brown on each side. To serve, place two pancakes on a plate and spoon tofu mixture on top. Garnish with sour cream and black olives.