Nasoya Lite Firm tofu has only 45 calories per serving so it is great for...
Tofu,Tomato, Kale Warm & Nutritiious Soup
Carol, Think Outside The Block Finalist
- 1 Package Naysoya Firm Tofu
- 1 Package of Baby Kale
- 1 Can of Organic Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Package of Organic Unsalted Vegetable Stock
- Coconut Oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 t cumin, cilantro, red pepper flakes & oregano
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 1 Can Light Coconut Milk
- Heat Teaspoon of Coconut oil in a pan and saute up your Kale and Onion. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Once cooled, combine the tomatoes (with juice) from the, herbs, spices, sauteed Kale and Onion into a blender and blend it all up..
- Pour blended soup into a sauce pot with Veg Stock and Coconut Milk. Add more or less than the entire contents of the Veg Stock and Coconut Milk depending on whether you like your soup thicker or thinner. Add a Bay Leaf or 2 to the pot. Simmer.
- When soup is simmering add diced firm Naysoya Tofu to heat through. If you want your Tofu to be more like "croutons" you can broil the diced Tofu until it becomes browned and then add it to the soup.
- Serve and garnish with toppings of your choice such as ribbons of Nori, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.