Nasoya’s Cubed Super Firm is pre-cut for convenience, so toss a healthy salad in no time! Check... more
Tom Kah Soup
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 can chicken broth (or vegetarian alternative)
- 2 tsp crushed red peppers (Sambal)
- 4-5 Mushrooms, sliced (Enoki, Shiitake, or Oyster work great!)
- ¼ block of Nasoya Tofu, cubed
- ½ lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 in. lemongrass, sliced on an angle (optional)
- Thai basil (optional)
- green onion
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- salt, to taste
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ lime for cooking shrimp
- Sesame oil
In a small stockpot combine coconut milk, broth, sambal, mushrooms, lime juice, lemongrass, and fish sauce over a low flame. It’s very important not to bring this base to a rapid boil. While that is heating up, sauté your shrimp in a little sesame oil, salt, and lime juice until they are just about cooked through.
Now it’s time to bring it all together. Add in your cooked shrimp and Nasoya tofu along with a bit of ginger and a sprinkle of salt. Bring to a low simmer.
Just before you're ready to serve, add in some torn cilantro, sliced green onion, and Thai Basil (has more of a citrus taste than Italian basil) just to get that flavor in there.
Serve alone or over brown rice and garnish sliced red jalapenos.
Recipe submited by Kasey's Kitchen | www.kaseyskitchen.com