Nasoya Extra Firm tofu is easy to cut into bite-size pieces and perfect for...
Vegetable and Tofu Spring Rolls
- 1 10 oz. package Nasoya firm or extra firm tofu, drained well
- 8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- 1 large carrot, trimmed, peeled, and cut into 3–inch matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, and cut into 3–inch matchsticks
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup Thai basil
- 12 pieces lettuce
For the dipping sauce:
- 2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
- 1.5 tbsp water
- 1/ tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce (or vegan Worcestershire)
Whisk together the dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
Squeeze the tofu between paper towels to release extra water. Cut into 12 rectangles, about 2 inches by a quarter inch.
Fill a shallow bowl with hot, but not boiling, water. Submerge 1 spring roll wrapper until softened.
Assemble spring rolls. Lay one wrapper flat and place two mint leaves lengthwise in center. Layer on three pieces of tofu, several carrot and cucumber slices, a sprinkling of cilantro and basil.
Top with a lettuce leaf.
Fold the long edge of the wrapper over ingredients. Then fold in ends and continue rolling wrapper lengthwise. Place seam side down on a plate. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
Submitted by Kristen McCaffrey from Slender Kitchen - | www.slenderkitchen.com
For 2 spring rolls with 2 tbsp. sauce:
- Calories: 188.9
- Fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein 13.2g